How Long Does It Take to Charge an Electric Vehicle?
So, how long does it take to charge an electric vehicle? Electric car charging time varies depending on the specific charging option you use in Fall River. Since there are different plugs and ports, our service team recommends ordering charging adapters so you can use any charging option. At Alden Mazda in Fairhaven, we can walk you through the electric car charging times and methods for your EV.
Not only are there different charging options, but there are a variety of battery packs equipped in different EVs which will change the electric car charging time. There is not a one size fits all answer to. “How long does it take to charge an electric car” However, we can still help you learn the electric car charging time.
Electric Car Charging Time
- Domestic Outlet Home Charging (Regular Outlet): A normal grounded (three-prong) 110V/120V charging outlet (Level 1 Charging) doesn’t offer the fastest charging speed, but its great to top off some charge from commuting through Dartmouth.
- Installed Brand-Approved Domestic Charging: Level 2 Charging is typically professionally installed. Level 2 charging uses rapid (usually 240V+) chargers typically designed for your specific brand of car which will help it charge faster than a generic outlet.
- Public Charging: You can charge on-the-go in New Bedford at public spaces like parking garages, malls, hotels, stores, and apartment buildings. Level 3 electric car charging time varies in speed and type.
Typical Domestic Charging Electric Car Charging Time
Domestic car charging times vary based on whether you choose Level 1 or Level 2 charging. Here’s more on that:
- Level 1 EV charging often takes days to fully charge an electric car.
- Level 2 EV charging often takes several hours to fully charge an electric car. You can often get between 60-200 miles of range in just 20-30 minutes with Level 2 DC charging, though.
Typical Public Charging Electric Car Charging Time
Many home chargers offer 3.7 kW or 7 kW charging. Most public stations offer 22 kW charging, 43-50 kW rapid charging and 150 kW rapid charging. Some vehicles get a full charge (0-100%) in an hour while others may take 4 hours, 6 hours, or 11 hours for a full charge.
Find Your Electric Vehicle Near Fall River
More from Alden Mazda
The new Mazda MX-30 EV is an impressive SUV, but did you know that there is a Mazda MX-30 EV? That means you can have room to drive your whole family around and still reduce your carbon footprint. Let’s take a closer look at the details, like the 2022 Mazda MX-30 EV range. We’ll…
The brand new 2022 Mazda CX-30 is a customer favorite throughout the Dartmouth area. There is a variety of advanced 2022 Mazda CX-30 interior features and unique 2022 Mazda CX-30 interior colors that give our Alden Mazda customers plenty of options to choose from. This stylish subcompact SUV even offers an ample amount of space…
When you’re looking for a commute-ready SUV in New Bedford with exceptional handling, great fuel efficiency, and style to spare, take a look at the 2022 Mazda CX-30. With seven Mazda CX-30 exterior paint colors and six Mazda CX-30 interior colors, there’s a combination to suit every style with ease. Join Alden Mazda in taking a look…